School Closure Update - COVID-19
COVID-19 Update - 3 April 2020
Laureate Academy is closed until further notice.
During this unprecedented time, we hope you and your families are continuing to stay safe and healthy. At present, school will remain closed until further notice and we will await more guidance from the government as to when we can reopen. We are following the Government and Public Health England’s advice on managing the COVID-19 virus and have been closely monitoring the situation. The government has closed all schools to slow the spread of the coronavirus, until further notice.
How to stay safe:
- Guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection
- Guidance on social distancing and for vulnerable people
- Stay at home advice
Advice for parents
The government has produced new guidance for parents and carers during the closure of schools. The guidance is clear:
- If it is at all possible for your child to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, some childcare provision will be available to them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon vulnerable groups – the elderly or those with underlying conditions.
- Children and adults should follow social distancing.
Ofqual has published a message to students to reassure them that they, and exam boards, will do everything they can to make sure that grades are fair and students are not disadvantaged because of this unprecedented situation.
The school will operate a monitored answer machine for urgent messages; please dial 01442 404333 to access this service.
We will continue to update you as often as possible. Thank you for your continued support.